#62
Title: The Roche Harbor Caper
Author: D. M. Ulmer
Genre: mystery
Challenges: 100+, 101 Books in 1001 Days, Casual, TBR, Book a Week
Rating: B+
Pages: 130
Published: 2007
Dates read: 8/23/08 - 8/31/08

From the back cover - “The Roche Harbor Caper is the second novel in a series based upon the character, Michael Kincaid, created by the late Walter H. Hesse. Kincaid is a retired Marine Corps Sergeant Major turned Professor of English Literature at a college campus in Port Angeles, Washington. He indulges his passion for writing mysteries under a transparent nom-de-plume, Harry Steele, main protagonist in Kincaid’s novels. The first sequel is set in the environs of resort town, Roche Harbor in the San Juan Islands of Washington State. Agreeing to take on a seemingly innocuous investigation, Kincaid finds himself amidst an electrifying case of white slavery, whose perpetrators threaten not only his own life, but that of his son with whom he has been recently reunited.”

The author is a personal friend of my husband’s. They both are docents at the Museum of Flight. Don has published two earlier novels with iUniverse so I don’t know how likely you are to find a copy of this book. I would loan it out. I love his style and characters and ease of telling a story. He has another book coming out called Silent Battleground which is a Tom Clancy type story along the lines of The Hunt for Red October. I’m looking forward to it.

2 comments:

    I accidently posted this review & didn't mean to. If anyone knows how to delete, please -- be my guest. Jan (in Edmonds)

    Is there a link set up to post links to our September reviews. I just finished The Invention of Hugo Cabret and couldn't get enough of it. I wanted to post my link before I forget to, but I only saw the August section.

    Thanks!