3M's Intro & List

Hello, and welcome to this challenge. My main blog is 1morechapter.com. I also own the BookAwards yahoo reading group.

I only have a partial list so far, but the titles were easy to come up with because of The Newbery Challenge and the reading group listed above.

I'll probably have at least the first 12 titles below finished before the end of 2007. I'd like to complete 18-24 books for the challenge. My list so far:

1. The Blind Assassin by Margaret Atwood (Booker 2000)
2. The God of Small Things by Arundhati Roy (Booker 1997) FINISHED
3. The Sea by John Banville (Booker 2005)
4. A Death in the Family by James Agee (Pulitzer 1958)
5. The Higher Power of Lucky by Susan Patron (Newbery 2007)
6. The Door in the Wall by Marguerite de Angeli (Newbery 1950)
7. The Known World by Edward P. Jones (Pulitzer, IMPAC, NBCC)
8. The Hours by Michael Cunningham (Pulitzer)
9. The White Stag by Kate Seredy (Newbery 1938)
10. Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides (Pulitzer 2003) FINISHED
11. Lisey's Story by Stephen King (Bram Stoker 2007)
12. Half of a Yellow Sun by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie (Orange 2007)
13. Bud, not Buddy by Christopher Paul Curtis (Newbery)
14. The Tale of Despereaux by Kate DiCamillo (Newbery)
15. The Bridge of San Luis Rey by Thornton Wilder (Pulitzer)
16. The Shipping News by E. Annie Proulx (Pulitzer)

2 comments:

    What a supremely well-balanced list, 3M! You have really set out a diverse group in terms of time period and nationality. I look forward to hearing how you find these books...

    And thanks for putting together such a great challenge!

    I loved The God of Small Things, but it took me a bit to get into it. Like Inheritance of Loss (but better) it was very intricately interwoven.