April's list

Hello everyone! I'm new to this "challenge" thing, so bear with me if I don't catch on right away :-)

My list (may possibly change my list as the reading groups vote for new books throughout the year):

1. Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH (Robert C. O'Brien)---Newbery (1972) *from my TBR (with the kids) pile

2. Island of the Blue Dolphins (Scott O'Dell)---Newbery (1961) *from my kids' homeschool read-aloud list this coming school year

3. Young Fu of the Upper Yangtze (Elizabeth Foreman Lewis)--Newbery (1933) *from my kids' homeschool read aloud list this coming school year

4. Gilead (Marilynne Robinson)---Pulitzer (2005) *a Pulitzer_literature reading group selection for July

5. Middlesex (Jeffrey Eugenides)---Pulitzer (2003) *a Pulitzer_literature reading group selection for October

6. The Road (Cormac McCarthy)---Pulitzer (2007) * a Pulitzer_literature reading group selection for August

7. The Bone People (Keri Hulme)---Booker Prize (1985) * a BookAwards reading group selection for July

8. The Blind Assassin (Margaret Atwood)--Booker Prize (2000) *a BookAwards reading group selection for August

9. Vurt (Jeff Noon)---Arthur C. Clark (1994) *on my TBR pile

10. The Echomaker (Richard Powers)---National Book Award (2006) *a Pulitzer_Literature reading group selection for September

11. Amsterdam (Ian McEwan)---Booker Prize (1998) *on my TBR pile

12. Mythago Wood (Robert Holdstock)--World Fantasy Award (1985)


alternates:

House Made of Dawn (N. Scott Momaday)---Pulitzer (1969) *from my TBR pile

The Giver (Lois Lowry)--Newbery (1994) *from my TBR pile

1 comments:

    Welcome to the blogging world, April. So glad you joined us on the challenge!