Athena's Challenge List

Hello again. Here is my list finally. None of these books are on any of my other challenges yet, but a few of them are in the house so I need to get started on them. I plan to read most of these books in the summer because I have less time beginning in fall. At my blog Aquatique, I've listed alternate and bonus books to this as well. Good luck everyone.

  1. The God of Small Things by Arundhati Roy (Booker Prize)
  2. Anil's Ghost by Michael Ondaatje (Giller, Governor General's)
  3. The Tin Flute or Street of Riches by Gabrielle Roy (Governor's General's)
  4. Julie of the Wolves by Jean Craighead George (Newbery)
  5. A Visit to William Blake's Inn: Poems for Innocent and Experienced Travelers by Nancy Willard (Newbery)
  6. Complete Poems and Plays by T. S. Eliot (Nobel 1948)
  7. Beloved by Toni Morrison (Pulitzer, Nobel)
  8. Beowulf: New Verse Translation (Costa/Whitbread)
  9. Neuromancer by William Gibson (Hugo, Nebula)
  10. Bridge to Terabithia by Katherine Paterson (Newbery)
  11. Gilead by Marilynne Robinson (Pulitzer, NBCC)
  12. Little, Big by John Crowley (World Fantasy)

2 comments:

    Lots of poetry! That ought to be fun.

    Beowulf in the Seamus Heaney translation is wonderful. I highly recommend listening to it as well. His voice is fantastic.