Me and the books I've chosen

Hi! This is my first challenge! I'm Terri in Montréal and here are the books I've chosen (in no particular order for now):

1. The Curious Incident of The Dog in The Night-Time by Marc Haddon (Costa-Whitbread Award, 2003)
2. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by J.K.Rowling (British Book Award, 2006)
3. The Black Echo by Michael Connelly (Edgar Award, 1992)
4. Fall On Your Knees by Anne-Marie McDonald (Commonwealth Writers Award, 1997)
5. The Road by Cormac McArthy (Pulitzer, 2007)
6. Suite Française by Irène Némirovsky (Prix Penaudot, 2004)
7. Atonement by Ian McKewan (National Book Critics' Circle Award, 2002)
8. East of Eden by John Steinbeck (Nobel Prize 1962)
9. We Need To Talk About Kevin by Lionel Shriver (Orange Prize, 2005)
10. The Line of Beauty by Alan Hollinghurst (Man Booker Prize, 2004)
11. Clara Callan by Richard B. Wright (Giller, 2001)
12. A Complicated Kindness by Miriam Toews (Governor-General's Award, 2004)

Alternatives:

A Fine Balance by Rohinton Mistry (Commonwealth Writers' Award, 1996)
Bel Canto by Anne Patchett (Orange Award 2002)
The Polished Hoe by Austin Clarke (Commonwealth Writers' Award, 2003)
The Time In Between by David Bergen (Giller, 2005)

Looking forward to talking books with all of you!

2 comments:

    I just finished reading Fall On Your Knees. I've got a review on my blog page, but I'm not sure its the most encouraging one. ;)

    This is my first challenge too--best wishes!

    The Road is fantastic! Hope you like it.

    Welcome!