MidwestMaven's List

I'm thrilled to have found these 14 books on my To Be Read list!

Captain Corelli's Mandolin (Louis de Bernieres) - Commonwealth Writers' Prize 1995
Disgrace (J.M. Coetzee) - Man Booker Prize 1999
Everyman (Philip Roth) - PEN/Faulkner Award 2007
Get a Life (Nadine Gordimer) - Nobel Laureate 1991
Greed (Elfriede Jelinek) - Nobel Laureate 2004
Herzog (Saul Bellow) - National Book Award 1965
Interpreter of Maladies (Jhumpa Lahiri) - Pulitzer Prize 2000
Snow (Orhan Pamuk) - Nobel Laureate 2006
The Cave (Jose Saramago) - Nobel Laureate 1998
The English Patient (Michael Ondaatje) - Man Booker Prize 1992
The Inheritance of Loss (Kiran Desai) - Man Booker Prize 2006
The March (E.L. Doctorow) - National Book Critics' Circle Award 2005
The World According to Garp (John Irving) - National Book Award 1980
To Kill a Mockingbird (Harper Lee) - Pulitzer Prize 1961

3 comments:

    Welcome MidwestMaven. 'The World According to Garp' is one of my favorites, I hope you like it. What part of the midwest are you from? I'm in Omaha.

    I have Capt. Corelli's Mandolin on my list too - looks like a wonderful book!

    To Kill a Mockingbird is a must read for everyone. Hope you like it as much as I do.