MyUtopia's Book Award Challenge Choices

Hi everyone! I am Kelly [MyUtopia], and I am a bookaholic! This is the 12 books I have picked for the Book Award challenge. I decided to join this challenge, because lately I seem to be reading award winners anyways. This is also a good way to keep me on track for my reading goals for the year.

Click here to see my other challenges.

1. Interpreter of Maladies Lahiri, Jhumpa [Pulitzer Prize]

2. Bel Canto By Anne Patchett [Booker Prize]

3. Seeing By Jose SARAMAGO [Nobel Prize]

4. The Color Purple by Alice Walker [Pulitzer Prize]

5. The Inheritance of Loss by Kiran Desai (2006 Booker)

6. The God of Small Things by Arundhati Roy (1997 Booker)

7. March by: Geraldine Brooks [2006 Pulitzer Prize]

8. The Known World by: Edward P. Jones [2004 Pulitzer Prize]

9. Three Junes by: Julia Glass [2002 National Book Award]

10. Love in the Time of Cholera by: Gabriel García Márquez [1982 Nobel Prize]

11. Anil's Ghost by Michael Ondaatje (Giller, Governor General's)

12. Beloved By Toni Morison [ 1993 Nobel Prize]

* Alternates: The Good Earth Pearl S. Buck (Pulitzer, Nobel) & Gilead by Marilynne Robinson (Pulitzer, NBCC)

3 comments:

    I just read Three Junes this spring. The first June left me a little underwhelmed, but then the second June came along and WOW. I was in love.

    Welcome!

    I'm reading The Known World, too! I've read several from your list, so I can't wait to read your thoughts on them; then we can compare notes. Personally, I had a hard time seeing what was so wonderful about Beloved. But, that's just me.