Rhinoa's List

I couldn't narrow it down to 12 so I picked 16 and I will see how many I get through during the year. As I read them I will put up reviews on my blog at Rhinoa's Ramblings

The books I have picked are:

1) Perdido Street Station - China Mieville (Arthur C Clarke Award)
2) Quicksilver - Neil Stephenson (Arthur C Clarke Award)
3) Iron Council - China Mieville (Arthur C Clarke Award)
4) Life of Pi - Yann Martel (Man Booker Prize)
5) The Blind Assassin - Margaret Atwood (Man Booker Prize)
6) The God of Small Things - Arundhati Roy (Man Booker Prize)
7) Paddy Clark Ha Ha Ha - Roddy Doyle (Man Booker Prize)
8) American Gods - Neil Gaiman (Bram Stoker Award and Hugo Award)
9) Eats, Shoots & Leaves - Truss (British Book Prize)
10) Wild Swans - Chang (British Book Prize)
11) Beowolf - Seamus Heany (Costa/Whitbread Prize)
12) Alias Grace - Margaret Atwood (Giller Prize)
13) Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell - Susanne Clarke (Hugo and World Fantasy Award)
14) On Beauty - Zadie Smith (Orange Prize)
15) Beloved - Toni Morrison (Pulitzer Prize)
16) Perfume - Patrick Suskind (World Fantasy Award)
17) Bridge to Terabithia - Katherine Paterson (Newbery Medal)

1 comments:

    Jonathan Strange was looong but very good.

    Welcome!