Stephanie's List.....Finally!

OK. I've been slacking! I didn't have a clue which books I wanted to read. There are SO MANY good ones to choose from. So I made a list....and come down to 30! Since there is NO WAY I'd get through 30, I whittled down to 15 (with a couple of alternates! So...here we go!

  • The Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton (1921 - Pulitzer)
  • The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay by Michael Chabon (2001 Pulitzer)
  • The Road by Cormac McCarthy (2007 Pulitzer)
  • The Left Hand of Darkness by Ursula Le Guin (1969 Nebula and 1970 Hugo)
  • Paladin of Souls by Lois McMaster Bujold (2004 Hugo)
  • Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell by Suzannah Clarke (2005 Hugo)
  • Possession: A Romance by A. S. Byatt (1990 Booker)
  • The Blind Assassin by Margaret Atwood (2000 Booker)
  • The March by E.L. Doctorow (2006 Pen/Faulkner)
  • Boy's Life by Robert McCammon (1991 Bram Stoker)
  • Lisey's Story by Stephen King (2006 Bram Stoker)
  • A Fine Balance by Rohinton Mistry (1995 Giller)
  • Alias Grace by Margaret Atwood (1996 Giller)
  • The Chatham School Affair by Thomas Cook (1997 Edgar)
  • Quicksilver by Neil Stephenson (2004 Arthur C. Clarke)

ALTERNATES:

  • The Magnificent Ambersons by Booth Tarkington (1919 Pulitzer)
  • A Confederacy of Dunces by John Kennedy Toole (1981 Pulitzer)
  • Stranger in a Strange Land by Robert Heinlein (1962 Hugo)
  • Life of Pi by Yann (2002 Booker)
  • Runaway by Alice Munroe (2004 Giller)

Yikes. That's a lot of books!! But aren't challenges fun?

2 comments:

    Hi, Stephanie!

    Jonathan Strange was looong but great. I takes about 80 or so pages to "get going, though.

    Stephanie, I adored Possession! I can't wait to read what you think.