Worth Looking Into

I thought I should leave a note about the Spur Award.

I, like many of you, am not a huge fan of Westerns, so when I saw 'The Spur Awards' I immediately thought it wasn't for me. However, I looked at the list and saw that many of these are really good novels that just happen to take place in the Southwest. They are not all cowboy books (although there are some of those on the list too). The book that immediately grabbed my attention was the wonderful novel 'The Miracle Life of Edgar Mint' which takes place on a modern day Indian reservation and reminded me very much of some of John Irving's best writing. Please consider some of the books on the Spur list, if you haven't already.

That is all.

1 comments:

    Thanks for the recommendation, kookiejar. I'm going to try to read from as many lists as I can, so it's nice to know where to start!