Katie List!

Hi Readers -
So here are my twelve (okay ... thirteen, I made it a baker's dozen)
1. The Sea by John Banville (Booker Prize for Fiction)
2. The Virgin of Small Plains by Nancy Pickard (Agatha Award)
3. Mercy Falls by William Kent Krueger (Anthony Award)
4. Snow by Orhan Panuk (Nobel Prize)
5. We Need To Talk About Kevin by Lionel Shriver (Orange Prize)
6. Bel Canto by Ann Patchett (PEN/Faulkner Award)
7. The Road by Cormac McCarthy (Pulitzer Prize)
8. Girl Sleuth: Nancy Drew and the Women Who Created Her by Melanie Rehak (Edgar Award for Best Critical Work or Biography)
9. American Born Chinese by Gene Luen Yang (Printz Award)
10. Astonishing Life of Octavian Nothing by M.T. Anderson (National Book Award for Young Peoples' Literature)
11. The Worst Hard Time by Timothy Egan (National Book Award for Non Fiction)
12. The Year of Magical Thinking by Joan Didion (National Book Award for Non Fiction)
13. Paladin of Souls by Louis McMaster Bujold (Hugo and Nebula Award)

I've actually got a couple of these sitting on my nightstand, I've started with The Road by Cormac McCarthy which my friend Holley recommended very highly!

Just by way of introduction, I'm married with three girls and am a LiBrArIaN in my copious spare time =) You can visit me at The Burrow. I'll be posting my reviews in both spots. I hope to hear from you!
Later -
K

0 comments: