My Tentative Twelve

These are my tentative twelve selected from my actual pile of books.
  1. Ringworld by Larry Niven (Hugo/Nebula)
  2. Midnight's Children by Salman Rushdie (Booker/James Tait Black Memorial)
  3. One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel García Márquez (Nobel)
  4. Nights at the Circus by Angela Carter (James Tait Black Memorial)
  5. Paddy Clarke Ha Ha Ha by Roddy Doyle (Booker)
  6. Cold Mountain by Charles Frazier (National Book)
  7. The Blind Assassin by Margaret Atwood (Booker)
  8. Perdido Street Station by China Miéville (Arthur C. Clarke)
  9. The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay by Michael Chabon (Pulitzer)
  10. Life of Pi by Yann Martel (Booker)
  11. Atonement by Ian McEwan (National Book Critics' Circle)
  12. A Short History of Nearly Everything by Bill Bryson (Royal Society Prize)
I'll finalize the list by the end of the month. For now I'll start with one of these and will revise as I go along. Or I could retain this and simple add additional titles much later. Happy reading to everyone!

2 comments:

    Midnight's Children is one of my favorite books. Hope you will enjoy it, too.

    I'm looking forward to it actually. Thanks.