A Visit to William Blake's Inn and Julie of the Wolves

A Visit to William Blake's Inn: Poems for Innocent and Experience TravellersFor the first two weeks of the challenge, I read two Newbery Medal Award winners. First, A Visit to William Black's Inn: Poems for Innocent and Experienced Travelers by Nancy Willard. Click the link for my super small review of this lovely and wonderful picture book. I love William Blake's poetry as much as the author does, and the whimsical pictures and poetry she writes in homage are delight. It makes me nostalgic for innocence.

Today, I finished Julie of the Wolves by Jean Craighead George. I found it interesting based on the information it has about survival and life in the Arctic, and I wonder how much has changed since the book was published thirty years ago. I will eventually read both sequels to the trilogy.

Looking forward to my next updates and posting longer reviews when I can.

0 comments: