Announcements

1. When posting your reviews, please do not use the title of a book as a label. There are simply too many eligible books to use that feature. If you want to search for a review of a book, just go to the top left corner of the screen and put in the title of the book in the search box. All posts with that title should come up in the search. Definitely use which award the book won, though. If it won more than one award, use both labels. You are free to use your name as a label as well.

2. If you'd like to list books that you've read before this challenge, please use the BC Reads label. Please do not post a full review of BC Reads, though. A listing of previous books read with links is acceptable. You might want to put how you rated the book after the title.

3. I may edit your posts slightly if I see a misspelling--especially in the title of a book. I want books to be able to come up in the search function. Also, the correct spelling for Newbery is NEWBERY.

4. On this announcement post, I will highlight items in a different color when the announcement is new. I may use another announcement post if needed as well.

5. Recent eligible book lists added: Agatha, British Book Award, Giller Prize, and the Nobel Prize.

6. You may choose any book by a Nobel-prize winning author for this challenge. However, at least SIX of your twelve books must be actual award-winning books from the book lists.

7. Recent eligible book lists added: Anthony, Arthur C. Clarke, Bram Stoker, and World Fantasy.

8. Recent eligible book lists added: Spur, Gold Dagger, and IMPAC Dublin.

9. IMPORTANT: If you requested an invite and haven't received it, please look in your bulk/junk email folder. I don't want anyone to think I'm ignoring them! ANY booklover is more than welcome to post to this blog. If you still haven't received one, please comment again so that I can add you to our contributors.

10. I'm not going to be able to list all the prize winners, so feel free to choose from the non-fiction, history, "best first novel", or "young adult", etc. division of any prize.

11. Recent eligible book lists added: PEN/Hemingway, Independent Foreign Fiction, Royal Society Prize, and James Tait Black.

12. You may post your reviews in full on this site or just post a link. If you do post a link, however, please use the link to the review only. If you point it to your blog's front page, it is hard to find the review of the book after weeks or months.

13. Have fun reading!

12 comments:

    Would you make an announcement when you post a new eligible book list, (if there are any more)? I'd hate to miss any new lists that pop up.

    Great idea! Yes, I'll do that.

    Thanks!

    Thank you for including the Bram Stoker Award. I love horror and I usually choose to read it in the summertime. Many of the ones on that list are books I already own, so I have a reason to get cracking on them... This is going to be so much fun.

    Though we have created our lists, can we review any award winner that we read?

    Hi I would really like to join in, already got my 12 books picked! My email address is
    woah dot there dot pickle at googlemail dot com

    Have I done it right!?

    On June 11, 2007 at 12:19 PM Anonymous said...

    I am thinking about joining in but am based in the UK> How would that work with the prizes on offer?

    Oh, Mamabright??

    Come by My Bookshelf to see what has happened for you!!

    http://deenasbooks.blogspot.com

    hey

    you are one of two bloggers chosen by sharm to represent your country in the first international blog
    WUB (World United Bloggers)
    the aim of this blog is to prove to the world that the difference in our languages and religions and colors doesn't make us hate each other and we can make this world better if we say our opinion with a respect to the opinion of the others
    if you are agree to join us please send e-mail with your nick name , age , country and your blog address to send you activation mail which makes you read every thing about the WUB (World United Bloggers) and it's aims
    thanks

    Sharm

    I just finished my second book in this challenge, My Name is Red, by Orhan Pamuk. The review can be found here: http://jellyjules.com/?p=719

    This book won the Nobel Prize for Literature.

    On January 29, 2008 at 7:06 AM Anonymous said...

    I honestly can't say whether I ever commented and asked to join this challenge or not, but if not...I would like to participate. I'm working on catching up on my reviews today. The first, for Life of Pi by Yann Martel, can be found on my blog:

    http://sheridanredswan.wordpress.com/2008/01/29/life-of-pi-by-yann-martel/

    I am not sure if I am doing this right but here goes. I think this will be a great challenge. Not sure what books I will choose yet but am looking forward to it