Dewey's list

Here's my list. I freely admit that I went through all the books for all my other challenges to find out which had won awards, and cross-listed them here. I want to participate in this, but I'm so over-challenged. And there are a couple new books on my list!


1. The Voyages of Doctor Dolittle by Hugh Lofting -- Newbery
2. The Witch of Blackbird Pond by Elizabeth George Speare -- Newbery
3. The View from Saturday by E.L. Konigsburg -- Newbery
4. Holes by Louis Sachar -- Newbery
5. The Higher Power of Lucky by Susan Patron -- Newbery
6. The Road by Cormac McCarthy -- Pulitzer
7. After This by Alice McDermott -- National Book Award
8. Everyman by Philip Roth -- PEN/Faulkner
9. Only Revolutions by Mark Z. Danielewski -- National Book Award
10. Criss Cross by Lynne Rae Perkins --Newbery
11. Suite Française by Irène Némirovsky -- Prix Renaudot
12. Half of a Yellow Sun by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie -- just won the Orange yesterday! I was rooting for it.

3 comments:

    I've been wanting to read Suite Francaise but hadn't realised it won the Prix Renaudot. Perfect! :)

    Yes, that prize wasn't listed, but the rules did say any literary prize, so I figured it'd be ok.

    Great picks, Dewey!

    Yes, any lit prize is acceptable.