Into/List-Fond of Books

Hi,
I'm Rebecca at Fond of Books and I can't pass up a good book challenge and the fact that I have a whole year to do it in, makes it even better, since I'm already participating in other challenges.
Ok, my list is:
1. Life of Pi by Yann Martel-2002 Man Booker Prize
2. The Corrections by Jonathan Franzen-2001 NBA
3. One Thousand Acres by Jane Smiley-1991 Nat. Book Critics Circle Award
4. The Accidental Tourist by Anne Tyler-1985 Nat. Book Critics Circle Award
5. The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck-1940 Pulitzer
6. To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee-1961 Pulitzer (also reading for Southern Book Challenge)
7. Remains of the Day by Kazuo Ishiguro-1989 Man Booker Prize
8. The Women of Brewster Place by Gloria Naylor-1983 National Book Award
9. The World According to Garp by John Irving-1980 NBA
10. Them by Joyce Carol Oates-1970 NBA
11. The Magnificent Ambersons-1919 Pulitzer
12. Small Island by Andrea Levy-2004 Orange Prize
13. The Virgin of Small Plains by Nancy Pickard-2006 Agatha Award (alternate)
14. The Higher Power of Lucky by Susan Patron-2007 Newberry Award (alternate)

3 comments:

    'Life of Pi' and 'The World According to Garp' are two of my all-time favorites, I hope you enjoy them.

    Ooh! I have "Them" on my shelf right here - I should have put that my list too!

    To Kill a Mockingbird is sooooooo good!