Joy's Choices


You can find me at "Thoughts of Joy...".


My choices are all Newbery Medal Winners:


1. Walk Two Moons (Creech)

2. Maniac Magee (Spinelli)

3. Number the Stars (Lowry)

4. The Whipping Boy (Fleischman)

5. Sarah, Plain and Tall (MacLachlan)

6. Dear Mr. Henshaw (Cleary)

7. Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry (Dial)

8. Julie of the Wolves (George)

9. Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH (O'Brien)

10. From the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler (Konigsburg)

11. Island of the Blue Dolphins (O'Dell)

12. The Witch of Blackbird Pond (Speare)


Alternatives:

1. The Higher Power of Lucky (Patron)

2. Ginger Pye (Estes)

3. The Twenty-One Balloons (Pene du Bois)

4. Caddie Woodlawn (Brink)

4 comments:

    On June 8, 2007 at 10:49 AM Anonymous said...

    Hey Joy, I really think you would like The Higher Power of Lucky. I thought it was fantastic! Hopefully you'll get to read it!

    Amanda ~ Wow...maybe I'll make a point of reading that one! :)

    Myutopia ~ Thanks! I haven't looked at everybody's yet, so I need to do that soon.

    I really liked #3, #4, and #11. Hope you like them!

    I think it's such a good idea to read a bunch from one award category. You're going to know the Newbery's inside and out!