My List

Hi! My name is Kate and here is my list of reading for the next few months!!! I am very happy to take part in this challenge because now I have incentive to read these books. All were pulled form my book shelf, and just never read. Well except one, which I have been dying to reread anyway!! I do have a few for my "alternate list" but I will post them later!! It has been great seeing every one's list, and I can't wait to read the reviews!

1. Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince JK Rowling
(2006 British Book Awards) FINISHED!!!
2. Life of Pi Yann Martel
(2002 Man Booker Prize)
3. Vernon God Little DBC Pierre
(2003 Man Booker Prize)
4. Atonement Ian Mc Ewan
(2002 Nat. Book Critics Award) FINISHED!!
5. Paddy Clarke Ha Ha Ha Roddy Doyle
(1993 Man Booker Award) FINISHED!!!
6. Independent People Halldor Laxness
(1955 Nobel Prize)
7. In The Heart Of The Sea Nathaniel Philbrick
(2000 National Book Award - Non Fiction)
8. Half A Life VS Naipaul
(2001 Nobel Prize)
9. Interpreter of Maladies Jhumpa Lahiri
(2000 Pulitzer Prize)*
10. Siddhartha Herman Hesse
(1955 Nobel Prize)
11. Kaddish For A Child Not Born Imre Kertesz
(2002 Nobel Prize)
12. Vera Stacy Schiff
(2000 Pulitzer Prize - Biography)

* is a reread because it is one of my FAVORITE books!!

Alternates:
Popcorn Ben Elton
(1996 Golden Dagger Award)
Something by Naguib Mahfouz
(1988 Nobel Prize) FINISHED!!
Maisie Dobbs
Jacqueline Winspear
(2003 Agatha Award - First Novel) FINISHED!!


2 comments:

    Atonement is a book I will never, ever forget. It struck such a violent emotion in me (which is usually not in my nature). I'll be interested to read your thoughts, as it's a fascinating book.

    I can't wait to start Atonement. I have heard wonderful things about it!!!