Nymeth's List

Hello everyone!

I'm Nymeth from Things Mean a Lot. Here are my picks for the challenge:
  1. The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay by Michael Chabon (Pulitzer 2001)
  2. The Color Purple by Alice Walker (Pulitzer 1983)
  3. Beloved by Toni Morrison(Pulitzer 1988)
  4. Kafka on the Shore by Haruki Murakami (World Fantasy Award 2006)
  5. Little, Big by John Crowley (World Fantasy Award 1982)
  6. Thomas the Rhymer by Ellen Kushner (World Fantasy Award 1991)
  7. The Left Hand of Darkness by Ursula Le Guin (Hugo 1970, and Nebula 1969)
  8. Midnight's Children by Salman Rushie (Booker Prize 1981)
  9. The Remains of the Day by Kazuo Ishuguro (Booker Prize 1989)
  10. The God of Small Things by Arundhati Roy (Booker Prize 1997)
  11. Bridge to Terabithia by Katherine Paterson (Newbery Medal 1978)
  12. On Beauty by Zadie Smith (Orange Prize 2006)

3 comments:

    I'm looking forward to read your fantasy reviews.

    Welcome, Nymeth!

    Nymeth, I just finished Kavalier and Clay, and I'm getting ready to post on it tomorrow. I'm fascinated in what you thought (or will think if you haven't read it yet. Maybe you better not read my post if you haven't, I don't want to influence your opinion.)

    I haven't read it yet, no, because I still need to buy it... but I plan on doing it soon.

    I'm not sure if I'll be able to resist reading you post, though, I am much too curious :P