Trish's Books

Hi all! I'm excited for this challenge to begin (as it is my first "grown up" reading challenge).
Below is my tentative list (hopefully I won't subtract but maybe only add to in the future). My list can also be found at Trish's Reading Nook.

1. The Shipping News by E. Annie Proulx (National Book Award 1993, also Pulizer)

2. All the Pretty Horses by Cormac McCarthy (National Book Award 1992, also NBCC)

3. Sophie's Choice by William Styron (National Book Award 1980)

4. The World According to Garp by John Irving (National Book Award 1980)

5. The Remains of the Day by Kazuo Ishiguro (Booker Prize 1989)

6. Atonement by Ian McEwan (National Book Critics’ Circle Award 2002)

7. The Left Hand of Darkness by Ursula K. Le Guin (Nebula Award 1969)

8. Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides (Pulizer Prize 2003)

9. All the King's Men by Robert Penn Warren (Pulizer Prize 1947)

10. The Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton (Pulizer Prize 1921)

11. As I Lay Dying by William Faulkner (Nobel Prize winner 1949)

12. Snow by Orhan Pamuk (Nobel Prize winner 2006)

I have to admit that I was a little biased in my pickings. My husband is putting me on a tight book spending leash--so I had to try and pick books that I already own, but haven't read (Oh how I wish I could put some of those Atwood books on here, but there are too many books TBR for me to go back and do re-reads).

I look forward to seeing everyone else's list and reviews!

Best,

Trish

2 comments:

    You picked some good ones, Trish. I look forward to reading your reviews.

    Welcome!