The Moon is Down by John Steinbeck----Gautami's 3rd Book

It too was not on my list but I finished reading it. Hence posting an excerpt of my review.


The Moon Is Down
By John Steinbeck

First Published: 1942
ISBN: 0140187464

Publisher: Penguin/1995

Pages: 112
Rating: 4/5


It is lesser known than some of Steinbeck's other works, but it can be compared with his best. The story moves with good pace, the portrayals are effective and the story rises to make powerfully its eternal point about human liberty. The book is an assertion of freedom and human spirit. This may be the most direct, concise and effective piece of mass propaganda ever written but even after more than six decades, this novel is just as relevant and just as compelling.....

For full review, click The Moon is Down...


2 comments:

    I just read this novel a few months ago. I also really enjoyed it and think it ranks up there with Steinbeck's best work.

    Steinbeck has fast become one of my favorite authors. I intend to read everything he has ever written - you make this sound like a wonderful read! Thanks for the review.