Juliette - an intro

I have spent more time thinking about my list than reading since I saw this challenge on a friend's site. Thank you Gill!
Eventually I have decided to commit to the five below. Like lots of other fellow challengers I have a list of read before challenge and I would like to go back and read some again, so I have put them plus my others to choose from at the bottom, to be decided!

1 The Color Purple by Alice Walker Pulitzer 1983, National Book Award 1983) First read July 19th 2 The Bone People Keri Hulme Booker
3 A Visit to William Blake’s Inn; Nancy Willard Newbery
4 The Blind Assassin Margaret Atwood Booker Prize 2000
5 The Higher Power of Lucky Susan Patron Newbery

To be decided
The Ghost Road by Pat Barker
Schindler's List Thomas Keneally
Hotel Du Lac Anita Brookner
Moon Tiger Penelope Lively
Possession: A Romance A. S. Byatt

The Plague Albert Camus
Atonement Ian McEwan

3 comments:

    Welcome, Julie! Looking forward to your reviews!

    =) Jill

    Hi Jill, Thank you for your welcome and for sharing the challenge in the beginning. It not only took me ages to get my initial choices sorted out, which I so much enjoyed doing, but, sadly it took me an age to figure out how to use the blogger here! Sad girl I know!
    I went out and bought The Color Purple (half way through it) and Blind Assassin. The latter was due to your great review - thanks! I went to the library to try and borrow The Color Purple and there was a loooong reserve list for it, word must be spreading this side of the pond! The Blind Assassin was out on loan too. I went to the book shop instead, I much prefer my own books, don't you!

    Finished Color Purple yesterday. Wow, I need to reflect before writing my review. have a good weekend! My next Book Awards Reading Challenge will be The Blind Assassin - yes!