Make Mine Pulitzers

This is a list of Pulitzer Prize Winners I will be reading for this challenge. My reason for entering the challenge can be found at Maggie Reads. I do so look forward to sharing with the group.

2006 - March - Geraldine Brooks
2005 - Gilead - Marilynne Robinson
2004 - The Known World - Edward P. Jones
2003 - Middlesex - Jeffrey Eugenides
2001 - The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay - Michael Chabon
1995 - The Stone Diaries - Carol Shields
1990 - The Mambo Kings Play Songs of Love - Oscar Hijuelos
1988 - Beloved - Toni Morrison
1987 - A Summons to Memphis - Peter Taylor
1986 - Lonesome Dove - Larry McMurtry
1983 - The Color Purple - Alice Walker
1980 - The Executioner's Song - Norman Mailer
1968 - The Confessions of Nat Turner by William Styron
1958 - A Death in the Family - James Agee
1952 - The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk
1947 - All the King's Men - Robert Penn Warren
1942 - In This Our Life by Ellen Glasgow
1940 - The Grapes of Wrath - John Steinbeck
1939 - The Yearling - Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings
1932 - The Good Earth - Pearl S. Buck
1928 - The Bridge of San Luis Rey - Thornton Wilder
1925 - So Big - Edna Ferber

5 comments:

    I've always wanted to host a Pulitzer Challenge; they are my favorite award winning literature. You have picked some wonderful reads, in my opinion: the best are A Death in The Family, Lonesome Dove, The Good Earth and All the Kings' Men. I have some I'd wipe from the list, but then it wouldn't be your list would it? I'm anxious to hear your thoughts.

    I just finished reading Gilead and am looking forward to seeing what you think about it as well. You've picked some really wonderful titles here.

    Thanks Bellezza and Verivore! Now, where to start? Top of list, bottom of list, or just what's hangin' 'round the house. ;D

    LOVED Gilead and The Stone Diaries.

    I'm reading The Known World, A Death in the Family, and the Yearling as well.

    Aren't you doing A Death in the Family as your Southern Reading Challenge book? Great to be able to kill one "mockingbird" with one stone. ;)

    Oh, I was amazed at the number of southern authors on the list, too.