The Moon is a Harsh Mistress - kookiejar's review


This is an excerpt from my review of Robert Heinlein's 'The Moon is a Harsh Mistress'...

I'm not a fan of hard science fiction because frequently the writers just throw out terms and ideas that I am unfamiliar with and they don't bother to explain what they mean. It makes me feel like I'm missing out on something. Heinlein is guilty of this as well. He also frequently just drops articles (such as 'the', 'an' and 'a') which I found very irritating as it interrupted the flow of the words.

However, the relationship between Mike, the computer and his human friends was wonderful and that is what kept me fully involved with the story. I wonder if it was intentional that the most sympathetic character in the novel wasn't even a human being.

The rest of the review is at my blog, which you can find (as always) here.

0 comments: