Scott's List

Hi! I'm Scott. This is my list. The goal was to vary it as much as possible by picking 12 different awards. Another selection tool was picking things I already have on my shelf waiting to be read, and that covers 9 of these.


  1. Murphy's Law / Rhys Bowen (Agatha Award)

  2. American Gods / Neil Gaiman (this won every award ever, but I'm having it count as the Bram Stoker Award)

  3. Eats, Shoots and Leaves / Lynne Truss (British Book Award)

  4. Amsterdam / Ian McEwan (Booker Prize)

  5. Dune / Frank Herbert (Hugo Award)

  6. Speaker for the Dead / Orson Scott Card (Nebula Award)

  7. The Shipping News / Annie Proulx (National Book Award)

  8. My Name Is Red / Orhan Pamuk (IMPAC Dublin Award)

  9. The Other Wind / Ursula K. LeGuin (World Fantasy Award)

  10. On Beauty / Zadie Smith (Orange Prize)

  11. Air / Geoff Ryman (Arthur C. Clarke Award)

  12. The Tale of Desperaux / Kate DiCamillo (Newbery Medal)

3 comments:

    Wow--12 different awards and 9 books already on the shelf! You must have quite the collection at home. I had several on my shelf also, but not from too many of the different awards. Best wishes.

    Great list!

    American Gods and The Other Wind are among my all-time favourites. I hope you like them!

    I've been meaning to read On Beauty for years now. I look forward to your review.

    12 different awards is great!

    Welcome to the challenge.