Verbivore's List

Verbivore here - I realized that I never posted my list here, only on my site. So without further ado, this is what I shall be dipping into for a lovely year of reading. I took books from eight different awards (Pen/Faulker, Man Booker, Costa/Whitbread, Canadian Governer General Award, National Book Award, National Book Critics Circle Award, Orange Prize, Pulitzer) and made sure I picked six women and six men.

Here are my selections:
Gilead, Marilynne Robinson
Snow Falling on Cedars, David Guterson
The Echo Maker, Richard Powers
Middlesex, Jeffrey Eugenides
The Underpainter, Jane Urquhart
The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime, Mark Haddon
Waiting, Ha Jin
In America, Susan Sontag
Life of Pi, Yann Martel
Bel Canto, Ann Patchett
When I Lived in Modern Times, Linda Grant
The Idea of Perfection, Kate Grenville

Plus a few others that I'm sure will make it into my hands for more hours of reading fun. I'll be reading one for every month starting with Gilead in July. Anyone else reading this one? Looking forward to our cross-posting and discussing!

1 comments:

    So glad you're "in"!