Jill's List

This should be a productive challenge for me because I have really wanted to read these books anyway. This will definitely motivate me, and I bet I'll enjoy myself along the way.

Without further adieu, here is my list of 12 books for this challenge:

1) Billy Bathgate by E.L. Doctorow (Faulkner 1990)*
2) The Blind Assassin by Margaret Atwood (Man Booker Prize 2000)*
3) The Yearling by Marjorie Rawlings (Pulitzer 1939)
4) The Human Stain by Philip Roth (Faulkner 2001)
5) March by Geraldine Brooks (Pulitzer 2006)
6) The Road by Cormac McCarthy (Pulitzer 2007)
7) Bridget Jones' Diary by Helen Fielding (British Book Award 1998)
8) Captain Corellis' Mandolin by Louis de Bernieres (Commonwealth Award 1995)
9, 10, 11, 12 - to be determined (I will wait to see who wins awards for 2007. If none of these appeal to me, then I will find another wonderful book from the lists).

*Also part of the Summer Reading Challenge, Round 2.

1 comments:

    The Road is a powerful book! The Blind Assassin is the one I'll be reading first.

    Welcome to the challenge!