Laura's Before-Challenge Reads

When I lived in England, I often turned to the Booker Prize lists for my TBR and for new-to-me authors. So, as an adult, I've read more Booker winners than any other prize (and in addition to the list below, I've read 13 from Booker shortlists!). I also like Pulitzer winners ... and Costa/Whitbread ... and Newbery ... this challenge is for me!!

Booker

  1. Inheritance of Loss (this is the only one I read this year)
  2. God of Small Things
  3. Blind Assassin
  4. Life of Pi
  5. The Sea
  6. Amsterdam
  7. The English Patient
  8. Staying On
Pulitzer:


  1. Grapes of Wrath
  2. To Kill a Mockingbird
  3. Middlesex
  4. Beloved
  5. The Stone Diaries

Costa/Whitbread:

  1. The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime
  2. The Amber Spyglass
  3. English Passengers

Newbery (I'm dating myself with this list!):

  1. Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH
  2. Sounder
  3. From the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E.Frankweiler
  4. Up a Road Slowly
  5. A Wrinkle in Time
  6. Island of the Blue Dolphins
  7. The Witch of Blackbird Pond
  8. Caddie Woodlawn

0 comments: