Mo's intro & tentative list

Hello, All. Maurean here, from Inside Mo's Mind, just checkin' in to introduce myself and let you all know I'm participating.

I feel like *such* a slacker, as many of you have 20+ titles listed, and I'm struggling to announce my twelve picks! Needless to say, these titles may change as the challenge progresses, but here's my tentative list:

1. The History of the Kelly Gang by Peter Carey (2001 Booker / 2001 Commonwealth)
2. Three Junes by Julia Glass (2002 Nat'l Book Award)
3. Neuromancer by William Gibson (1985 Hugo / 1984 Nebula)
4. The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova (2006 Book Sense; Adult Fiction)
5. Eleven on Top by Janet Evanovich (2005 Quill; mystery/suspense/thriller)
6. Twelve Sharp by Janet Evanovich (2006 Quill; mystery/suspense/thriller)
7. Cruel & Unusual by Patricia Cornwell (1993 Gold Dagger)
8. B is for Burglar by Sue Grafton (1986 Anthony)
9. C is for Corpse by Sue Grafton (1987 Anthony)
10. The Red Pony by John Steinbeck (1962 Nobel Prize winning author)
11. The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak (2007 Book Sense; children's lit)
12. The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd (2004 Book Sense; paperback fiction)

I have read several award-winning titles (much to my suprise!) prior to this challenge, and won't bore you all with a complete list, but some of the ones I enjoyed quite a bit include Atwood's "The Handmaid's Tale"; Gaiman's "American Gods" (one of my all-time favorites!); "Lord of the Flies" by William Golding; "Mystic River" by Dennis Lehane, and another all-time personal favorite, Sharyn McCrumb's "She Walks These Hills"

I look forward to participating in this challenge, and to reading all of your reviews!

Happy Reading...

1 comments:

    Welcome, Mo.

    The Book Thief is an absolute gem!